- "The first major enemy you'll encounter on this journey is the Titanic Ant. To sink it, you'll have to use both PSI attacks and regular Bash attacks."
- — EarthBound Player's Guide
Titanic Ant, known as Giant Ant in Japan, is the guardian of the first Your Sanctuary location in EarthBound, Giant Step. It resembles a large Black Antoid, and was probably altered by the power of Giant Step. It is accompanied in battle by two Black Antoids.
The Gigantic Ant, a palette swap of the Titanic Ant, appears much later in the game.
The Titanic Ant can use both PSI moves and physical moves.
|Text Displayed||Power||PP required||Possible Effects|
|Magnet α||N/A||0||Steals PP|
|Shield α||N/A||6||Makes a Shield|
|Defense Down α||N/A||6||Lowers 1 party member's defense|
|Used a biting attack!||Low||N/A||Damages one enemy|
|Used a biting attack!||High||N/A||Damages one enemy|
- The Titanic Ant, unlike the Giant Ant, has no vulnerability to Fire or Freeze. This is most likely because it is impossible to have Paula at this point.
- It does however carry over its 50% resistance on Flash, Paralysis, and Hypnosis, along with a 90% immunity to Brainshock. Not that you'll have these moves while fighting it.
- It has 2 physical moves of different power that have the same text. That's mean!
- It is not unlikely for the Titanic Ant to get a SMAAAASH!! with its more powerful attack, which can destroy Ness in one hit. HP scrolling and Hamburgers are your friend in this fight!