FANDOM


  •   On this wiki I read that Giygas brainwashed Porkey in to becomin his right hand man, but I always assumed he was evil all along. Plus, if Porkey's evilness was caused by Giygas, wouldn't he turn good again once you beat Giygas up just like everyone and everything else that was evil as a result of his influence? Also since that one shattered man that is still in the room at the Summers museum (click here for more info ), does this mean that shattered men aren't infulenced by Giygas either? Well, please post your opinion. I honestly think Porkey and the shattered men are just plain evil, but I am open minded.

      Loading editor
    • I believe after Porky was more obnoxious than evil, but after Giygas brainwashed him his mind basically went down down the drain. As for the shattered man, I dont really know.

        Loading editor
    • The shattered men existed solely to protect the Hawk Eye from intruders, and it just happened they were inside coffins and got taken to the museum. Although, Pokey was really obnoxious and whiny from the start, he found giygas' power, and became power-hungry, becoming evil. Think for a sec... Why would pokey diss giygas otherwise? He was never affected by his influence!

        Loading editor
    • An obnoxious kid with poor parenting getting in with the wrong people. 

        Loading editor
    • I think Porky is completely aware of his actions and not influenced by Giygas. I mean, he calls Giygas an all-mighty idiot and it seems more like he's using Giygas to kill Ness than the other way around. I just completed Earthbound for the first time, by the way.

        Loading editor
    • I think Giygas might of being brainwashed by Porky

        Loading editor
    • Giygas still has a mind before Porky releases him from the Devil's Machine, and Giygas is the one who corrupts the inhabitants of Earth, so ultimately Giygas was manipulating Porky.  Porky, of course, 'kills' Giygas by releasing his power.

        Loading editor
    • Pokey is a mentally unstable child who Giygas influences in order to attempt to kill Ness. However, Pokey does remain totally aware of his actions and quite readily joins Giygas - for Pokey, Giygas is the means to an end, that end being proving he's better than Ness.

      It's been shown time and time again that Pokey's relationship with Ness is unhealthy and fractious. In Mother 3, it is obvious he considered Ness his friend and worshipped him in some misguided way, but perhaps always felt inferior, or jealous of Ness, due to the abuse Pokey suffers at the hands of his father.

      Giygas tried to use Pokey. In the end, Pokey used Giygas, whose mind and body were broken and incomprehensible.

        Loading editor
    • I always just thought that Porky was turned evil by Giygas, but was at first just a somewhat mean-spirited and selfish child.  There's no evidence that he was really evil or acting upon his own prior to Giygas's attack.  He was lead along by Giygas, but not so much directly controlled as changed by Giygas.  In the end, unleashing Giygas was his last resort, and not one he wanted to lean on.  But he is allowed to do this because Giygas is a catalyst, an influencer, not a leader.  He barely clings to his mind before being unleashed.  That was his downfall, though he had to be unleashed to become the Cosmic Destroyer anyway.

        Loading editor
    • From Beyond The Stars wrote:
      Pokey is a mentally unstable child who Giygas influences in order to attempt to kill Ness. However, Pokey does remain totally aware of his actions and quite readily joins Giygas - for Pokey, Giygas is the means to an end, that end being proving he's better than Ness.

      It's been shown time and time again that Pokey's relationship with Ness is unhealthy and fractious. In Mother 3, it is obvious he considered Ness his friend and worshipped him in some misguided way, but perhaps always felt inferior, or jealous of Ness, due to the abuse Pokey suffers at the hands of his father.

      Giygas tried to use Pokey. In the end, Pokey used Giygas, whose mind and body were broken and incomprehensible.

      That actually makes sense..

        Loading editor
    • Two Words...

      "Spankety Spankety!"

        Loading editor
    • First of all, Giygas was insane already. My theory is that Pokey was Hitlers great, great, great, great, grands son's son's brother's nephew. Second of all...

      WHY THE HECK DOES GIYGAS START IN EGG,WITH NITEN'S OR NESS'ES FACE ON IT?!

      LIKE WHY THE H******************************************************F*********S**********A*****B*********N***************** PEOPLE!

        Loading editor
    • 70.194.98.167 wrote:
      First of all, Giygas was insane already.

      My theory is that Pokey was Hitlers great, great, great, great, grands son's son's brother's nephew. Second of all...

      WHY THE HECK DOES GIYGAS START IN EGG,WITH NITEN'S OR NESS'ES FACE ON IT?!

      LIKE WHY THE H******************************************************F*********S**********A*****B*********N***************** PEOPLE!

      First of all: No

      Second of all: It's called the Devil's Machine. It is not an egg. But yeah, the face does make no sense.

        Loading editor
    • I blame porky's parents, not giygas, his family REALLY gives him a bad idea!

        Loading editor
    • PSI Seven wrote:
      70.194.98.167 wrote:
      First of all, Giygas was insane already.

      My theory is that Pokey was Hitlers great, great, great, great, grands son's son's brother's nephew. Second of all...

      WHY THE HECK DOES GIYGAS START IN EGG,WITH NITEN'S OR NESS'ES FACE ON IT?!

      LIKE WHY THE H******************************************************F*********S**********A*****B*********N***************** PEOPLE!

      First of all: No

      Second of all: It's called the Devil's Machine. It is not an egg. But yeah, the face does make no sense.

      Somehow, I believe that Giygas would recognize Ness as a relative (not necessarily his son) of Ninten. Therefore, he would display the face of Ninten, as if to try identifying Ness. Under this optic, does it make already more sense?


      --

      But, back on topic. If we count MOTHER 3 into the timeline, Giygas is already dead, but Porky is still the same evil, megalomaniac asshole. This, for me, counts as a proof that Giygas did not TURN Pokey evil, but merely shed light on that side of him.

        Loading editor
    • I think Porky started off as a bad kid and into an evil person as the game unfolds. I also believe Gyigas had little influence over Porky's behaviour because Porky was already evil to begin with. However, I believe that despite Porky's jealousy of Ness, deep inside he still liked knowing that Ness was around. Linda like Cartman and Kyle from South Park. Why else would Porky have a part of his castle dedicated entirely to Ness and his party? If there was nothing but hatred, Porky would have gotten rid of all traces of Ness, but instead, he had mementos of him. My guess is that Porky became an evil adult because he was a bad kid, and he was a bad kid because his parents were bad and the other kids didn't like him, but Ness saw him still as a friend. 

      My guess is that Porky had a love-hate feeling for Ness.

        Loading editor
    • An anonymous amigo here wrote:
      I think Porky started off as a bad kid and into an evil person as the game unfolds. I also believe Gyigas had little influence over Porky's behaviour because Porky was already evil to begin with. However, I believe that despite Porky's jealousy of Ness, deep inside he still liked knowing that Ness was around. Linda like Cartman and Kyle from South Park. Why else would Porky have a part of his castle dedicated entirely to Ness and his party? If there was nothing but hatred, Porky would have gotten rid of all traces of Ness, but instead, he had mementos of him. My guess is that Porky became an evil adult because he was a bad kid, and he was a bad kid because his parents were bad and the other kids didn't like him, but Ness saw him still as a friend. 

      My guess is that Porky had a love-hate feeling for Ness.


      And that, my anonymous amigo, I just can't help but agree with you all the way.

        Loading editor
    • R4sh3ru wrote:
      PSI Seven wrote:
      70.194.98.167 wrote:
      First of all, Giygas was insane already.

      My theory is that Pokey was Hitlers great, great, great, great, grands son's son's brother's nephew. Second of all...

      WHY THE HECK DOES GIYGAS START IN EGG,WITH NITEN'S OR NESS'ES FACE ON IT?!

      LIKE WHY THE H******************************************************F*********S**********A*****B*********N***************** PEOPLE!

      First of all: No

      Second of all: It's called the Devil's Machine. It is not an egg. But yeah, the face does make no sense.

      Somehow, I believe that Giygas would recognize Ness as a relative (not necessarily his son) of Ninten. Therefore, he would display the face of Ninten, as if to try identifying Ness. Under this optic, does it make already more sense?


      --

      But, back on topic. If we count MOTHER 3 into the timeline, Giygas is already dead, but Porky is still the same evil, megalomaniac asshole. This, for me, counts as a proof that Giygas did not TURN Pokey evil, but merely shed light on that side of him.

      Not Ninten's son? I don't accept that. For one thing, there's is almost NO difference between Ninten and Ness's Father, and Ana from Ness's "Mother". Yay, puns! Btw, it would be AWESOME if Pokey/Porky was Hitler's desecendent! But, all of Hitler's desecendents privately agreed to NOT have children so the Hitler gene would be no more than a memory.

        Loading editor
    • My only guess is that he WAS brainwashed, but it stayed because Giygas was a very evil influence. Add to that 'bad parenting' and BOOM! He's gone, there's no looking for good in him.

      As for Giygas only becoming an insane gas upon release? I never really thought about it.

      I just had the... n... i... g... h... t... m... a... r... e... s...

        Loading editor
    • I think he was just a greedy kid with a hard life, so when some weird magical alien thingy shows up and asks for help, promising infinite power as a reward, he couldn't resist. The power wnt to his head.

        Loading editor
    • Oh, and I'm writing an AU (alternate universe) fanfiction with him and my OC as the main characters. In this thing, the whole Gigyas thing never happened, everyone's got a differenr personality, and there's a few other differences. It starts out pretty boring, but when someone vandalizes a building, the main protagonists decide to inestigate, and the starnge graffiti leads them on a quest to save the world from an evil secret society. My OC is Lily, an 11 year old girl with dragon wings and a prehensile tail, as well as powers very similar to PSI but still different.

        Loading editor
    • In the fanfiction, Porky uses the name Pokey, but his little brother calls him Porky as a joke. (In this fanfiction, I pretty much switched Pokey's personality with that of his brother's. Pokey's the serious one, and Picky's a brat because I wanted to do the whole "annoying littke sibling" thing.) Also, a year before the events of the fanfiction, Pokey looked and acted more like he does in-game, being a bully, but his mother found out he was being a bully and punished him by taking away his TV, videogame, movie, and dessert privleges for 7 months. He stopped being a bully and is a lot nicer, but still has no friends except for Lily, who is the new kid in town and didn't know, but at the end he has a few more friends. Also, here's a joke from the beginning of the fanfiction.

      Picky: Who's this, your girlfriend? (in refernce to Lily)

      Pokey: One, no she's not. Two, go away. Three, you're the worst.

        Loading editor
    • Hi, It's me , Lily, the one who's writing the fanfic, and this is going to be part of what happens. The secret soceity is going to be numerous aliens who are the same species as Gigyas, and Gigyas himself will be the one not-evil alien. ALSO HERE'S A JOKE: 

      Lily: The answer to any question is always "Your Mom." 

        Loading editor
    • 71.191.182.203 wrote: Hi, It's me , Lily, the one who's writing the fanfic, and this is going to be part of what happens. The secret soceity is going to be numerous aliens who are the same species as Gigyas, and Gigyas himself will be the one not-evil alien. ALSO HERE'S A JOKE: 

      Lily: The answer to any question is always "Your Mom." 

      where can I find your fanfic?

        Loading editor
    • I don't think Giygas influenced Pokey at all. I think Pokey used Giygas, then destroyed him in hopes of beating Ness. If I recall he turns off the Devil's machine which leads to Giygas' vulnerable and insane demise. So Pokey is just plain evil. He didn't help Ness before most of the events. Even his parents didn't seem to honest and hated Ness and his family.

        Loading editor
    • Hi, It's me, Lily, and the fanfic is unfinished and not on Fanfiction bcuz I don't have an account. Also, error in that joke, which was a quote from the fanfic, it was Pokey who said that, "your mom" is pretty much his catchphrase in the fanfic. Also, not everybody has a different personalitly, just the villain(who are heroes in this universe) and Picky(just to be funny). Also here's another joke from the story: Wingie Thingies! A gummi candy shaped like a wing that lets you sprout wings and fly. They taste like chicken. More info on the fanfic: A bunch of new OCs called the Rainbow Rogues,a group of bandit-like girls, with one for every color on the rainbow(and pink, brown,black,white,and gray) show up. Also, Backstory Time! In this universe, apparently Pokey's father is a jerk who is mean to his kids and doesn't live with the rest of the family, but visits. His wife(who I originally didn't know the name of, so I went with Laura, which is ironically similar to her official name) makes sure that the kids just happen to have a field trip or playdate or party on the day of his visits, so thatway they're out of the house. Also, Pokey's mother isn't inattentive, just really busy and has very litte time for her sons. (I say "also" too much.) Lily

        Loading editor
    • 50.130.145.125 wrote:
      I don't think Giygas influenced Pokey at all. I think Pokey used Giygas, then destroyed him in hopes of beating Ness. If I recall he turns off the Devil's machine which leads to Giygas' vulnerable and insane demise. So Pokey is just plain evil. He didn't help Ness before most of the events. Even his parents didn't seem to honest and hated Ness and his family.

      Pokey in the end I believe took Giygas' place as most evil being alive. Another theory is that Pokey, when he became Porky gained Giygas' power and took his place, but the only difference was Porky was hurting and he knew that if the 7 needles were pulled by a heartless being the world could be destroyed and he would finally get his eternal rest, He didn't need his machines to live, he needed them to help him end his life

        Loading editor
    • 108.60.170.143 wrote:
      50.130.145.125 wrote:
      I don't think Giygas influenced Pokey at all. I think Pokey used Giygas, then destroyed him in hopes of beating Ness. If I recall he turns off the Devil's machine which leads to Giygas' vulnerable and insane demise. So Pokey is just plain evil. He didn't help Ness before most of the events. Even his parents didn't seem to honest and hated Ness and his family.
      Pokey in the end I believe took Giygas' place as most evil being alive. Another theory is that Pokey, when he became Porky gained Giygas' power and took his place, but the only difference was Porky was hurting and he knew that if the 7 needles were pulled by a heartless being the world could be destroyed and he would finally get his eternal rest, He didn't need his machines to live, he needed them to help him end his life

      Just wanted to point out that there is no difference between Pokey and Porkey. There was just a small translation error. Other than that you're good.

        Loading editor
    • The Shattered Man being there was just a glitch. Totally un-intentional. For pokey he's just a regular ol' Butthole.

        Loading editor
    • I think that it took very little to influence Porky, but I think that Porky was still driven to actually act on his darker side by Giygas's (perhaps chaotic and unfocused) influence.  One common display of Giygas's influence is that it miscolors the skin of humans- which Porky is displaying by the end of the game.

      I think that what you're seeing when Porky confronts Ness's party at The Devil Machine is Giygas losing control and Porky's innate pigheadedness, cowardous, and ambitious jerkery taking control of the situation- Porky is able to be influence by Giygas when it serves him, but ultimately Porky's (evil, misguided) will is too powerful for Giygas to wrangle.

      That's why Porky is one of the most dangerous characters in the Mother series- in a series where willpower and determination are what gives you power, Porky has it in spades, he's just not good at focusing it until Mother 3 when he is a much more self-actualized villain.

        Loading editor
    • I always assumed that Giygas had no to minimal control over Porky until after his time with the Happy Happyists. Where Ness (due to being a silent protagonist) doesnt respond to Porky's apology. Due to having his best friend in the world just ignore him, right after making a new friend. Porky's anger filled mind was easy for Giygas' to manipulate and convince to do evil. And I always gathered that Porky was corrupted far beyond any other person. 

      In Giygas' lair Porky releases Giygas from the Devil Machine, out of fear and cowardice of what Ness and Friends might do to him. Due to Giygas being fully contained, he cannot do anything to stop Porky from bending to his own fears.

      After the fight with Giygas, Porky decides running away from Ness along with this entire period of time. Still mentally corrupted by the memory of Giygas, and hurt from Ness' seeming betrayal of his Best Friend still in his mind.

      Travelling to multiple different times, causing mild chaos, leaving before any real punishment could be given. As he learned that none of his actions had commupance, he began to abuse his powers further. Causing death and pain, purely for his own enjoyment and gain. Probaby creating situations very similar to the one we see in Mother 3. And the only reason he fails in Mother 3 is because he is overconfident, and believes his 'Robot' has no possibility of failure.

      I saw Porky in the beginning of Earthbound as mildly annoying and cowardly, but far from evil he became later that game, and the utter monster he was in Mother 3. I always felt bad when it came to Porky, without the presence of Giygas he could have developed, but due to Giygas he became a sinister and disturbed boy, which he then remained for the rest of time.

        Loading editor
    • I will say that both because it is true that Giygas brainwashed him, but Porky's will of power drove him to insane level due to it's problems in his house. Also he was very little influenced by Giygas because Porky already hated in a very obnoxious way Ness to the point that he wanted to kills Ness to gain total power over the world

        Loading editor
    • i think porky just wants to have ness back as a friend. in new pork city in mother3 he shows clips on ness on his adventure. he kept ness's yoyo in his playroom and put a freaking killing robot to guard it. in earthbound at some point he goes up to ness and asks to be his friend again and ness cant say anything and porky thinks hes mad at him and ignoring him (in the english version he says hes kidding or something but i dont think so). in mother3 he asks lucas to be his friend and this time we can choose to say yes or no (i dont know what happens when you say yes, but when you say no he attacks you).

        Loading editor
    • (I hope this doesn't double post, lol.)

      Pokey was a bit of an asshole in Earthbound, but mostly in a playground idiot sort of way to begin with. I don't think he had the capacity for true evil; he was just a lonely kid from an abusive household who didn't understand how to make friends (and we can see from both that game and Mother 3 that he really did want to be friends with Ness). When Giygas brainwashed him, he became just another pawn, except his desire for acceptance (and perhaps jealousy of Ness) fueled him to become a main antagonist. If it hadn't been for Giygas' influence, I don't think Pokey would have been capable of any of those things. 

      We see him again as a broken man in Mother 3, driven to insanity by the alien influence in his mind. Despite this, we see that he still has a human sense of remorse from his museum and cinema. That same desire for friendship is still within him, but now he has passed the point of no return, mentally speaking.

      So overall, I don't think Pokey was particularly evil in himself; it was just the power of Giygas that brought out the worst in him, as it did for a lot of other people in Eagleland.

        Loading editor
    • Here are my 2 cents.



      Even though Giygas was using Porky as a minion, i feel as though he was fully aware of what he was doing. In the final battle with him and Giygas, he releases Giygas from the machine that he himself sealed himself in to contain himself. If Giygas had full control over Porky, why would he do that? Espcially since he is clearly in pain and can't control himself. 



      After Giygas' defeat, peace returns to the world, even those who were previously affected by Giygas such as Monotoli and Carpainter. Porky however, is still evil. He flees, and even sends a letter to Ness taunting him.  Not to mention all the evil he does in Mother 3



      Overall, i think Giygas just let Porky embrace the evil side of him

        Loading editor
    •  

      The way I see it, the MOTHER games are all, directly or indirectly, use Giygas as an antagonist.
      ​​​​Therefore, I think that, even though a large part of Porky's actions are his own, I believe that he is indeed still harnessing Giygas in some way, ala some sort of partial posession.
      ​​​​A little evidence: Porky in MOTHER 3 uses several attacks that are incomprehensible, much like those of Giygas. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that Giygas and Porky have become one in the same by the time MOTHER 3 begins.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe Giygas used mind control or something. If the Mewtwo theory is true, that might be a possibility (Mewtwo can use mind control to defeat enemies or lure them to it's side.).

        Loading editor
    • PSI Seven
      PSI Seven removed this reply because:
      Spam, and off topic
      23:36, April 2, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Pokey shows lots of signs of being a sociopath, but I don't think he started out as purely evil. Up until the Happy Happy Cult, I would say that Pokey was under Giygas' influence, but after that, he willingly joined Giygas. My guess is that he willingly joined the cult having only some idea of what it entitled, but not realizing what he was truly geting into. After the cult was taken down, he tried to weedle his way out of any responsibility, but when Ness and the others expressed their doubts about his brainwashing. After that, he panicked a bit and felt cornered, and so he willingly joined Giygas after that. After Giygas' defeat, he went off on his own to become the tyrant he did in Mother 3.

        Loading editor
    • Ima talk now

      Okay, so some people here said stuff along the lines of Porky being a coward. Although that is true, he wasn't really an asshole at the beginning of the game. He DID try to help Ness investigate the meteor in the best way he could. When Lier X. Agerate tells Ness about the Mani-Mani statue, Porky goes to track it down out of greed. He then starts inheriting the Statue's bad influence, starting with the Happy-Happyists. Also, did you notice, that, wherever the Mani-Mani statue goes, Porky follows? It's influence had a lasting effect on hs mind because of his weak will, Which is a possible effect of him getting abused. Later on, Giygas starts influencing him, whitch pushes him even more to the evil side. To a point where he can't change his evil ways. In the Japanese version of the game, Porky APOLOGIZES to Ness, and, because of Ness being a silent protagonist, he took this as a massive shunning. He then runs away, heartbroken. He was already being influenced by the Mani-Mani statue, but then was plunged deeper into bat guano as Ness "rejected" him.




      You can slander this all you like, I just needed to get this off my chest.

        Loading editor
    • You're only partly right. It was strongly implied that Picky is the only one Pokey really cares about, which was part of the reason why he helped out at the beginning, but the bigger part was that he was afraid he'd get in trouble with his parents for losing his brother. And yes, I would say that Pokey was influenced by Giygas, at least initially with the Happy-Happyists, but if you noticed later on, unlike the others infulenbced by Giygas, Pokey is fully in control of himself and his actions. As for his apology to Ness, this wasn't because he was actually sorry, but because he was trying to get out of trouble. Lying and portraying sorrow is a very easy thing for a sociopath to do, which is why they're able to get away with things so much for so long. Pokey was well on his way to becoming an evil sociopath, and his exposure to Giygas simply sped up the process.

        Loading editor
    • Snoasty
      Snoasty removed this reply because:
      i tried uploading a pic and it failed
      04:05, July 4, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • But what of the Mani-Mani? It has been said to bring out evil in people. Surely this should've helped speed up the process.

        Loading editor
    • They should put Pokey in smash



      I know it's unrelated but I'm just reminding everyone

        Loading editor
    • i think it was a mix of a bunch of things going on in porky's life. it couldn't been only because of his parents being shitty because that way picky would be evil too, and he's pretty much chill despite showing to have a weak spot. of course people deal with the same problems differently, it could have affected him the most since he's had it for more time than picky, but there's also the way he was generally seen as an annoying kid and troublemaker by other residents, giygas's influence spreading around with the mani mani helping (very close to where porky lived) and ness, who he seemed to feel close to, leaving for a long time to save the world and get better friends.

      ness was really loved in his home and the fact that he got to be the main chosen one may have affected porky making him jealous, but also sad to think he was gonna lose his friend, i dunno. we know that at first porky doesn't think highly of himself as he believes he's not fit for being one of the 3 chosen boys, so maybe he saw turning evil as his only way of proving he could still do something right, doing what everyone seems to think he's only able of: causing trouble. then in mother 3 we see how he deeply regrets all of this but knows he can't go back so instead of growing up he just stays with his child mentality trying to have fun while he ends everything for once and for everyone

      for me i think he could have redeemed himself if he wanted to, but he didn't think he could or didn't want to. it wasn't that much of a brainwashing thing but more of a personal thing for him

      i do love porky as a villain though, he does that role amazingly, makes me want to create a villain like him

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.