Octobots are a group of enemies in EarthBound and Mother 3. They are extraterrestrial beings, similar to Starmen. In battle, they are capable of stealing items from party members and even inflicting Paralysis.
There are four models of Octobots:
- Marauder Octobot, an enemy in EarthBound
- Military Octobot, a stronger version of the Marauder Octobot
- Mechanical Octobot, an improved version of the Military Octobot
- Ultimate Octobot, the strongest type in EarthBound
- Return of Octobot, an enemy in Mother 3, modeled after the Ultimate Octobot
- Interestingly, Octobots only have four tentacles, as opposed to the eight that their name suggests.
- In the Japanese version of EarthBound, all four Octobots have a running gag in their names, where their names, in order, are Almost Octopus, Looks Like Octopus, Very Octopus, and Actual Octopus. (Marauder Octobot, Military Octobot, Mechanical Octobot, Ultimate Octobot).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.