The Carbon Dog is the first form of the eighth and final Sanctuary Guardian of EarthBound. It is weak to PSI Freeze and PSI Flash. After 1672 or more damage has been dealt to Carbon Dog, it emits a rainbow of colors and transforms into Diamond Dog.
|Text Displayed||Power||PP||Possible Effects|
|Used a biting attack||Low||N/A||Damages one target|
|Charged forward||High||N/A||Damages one target|
|Spewed out a flaming fireball||High||N/A||Damages one target (Fire)|
|Shot out a spray of fire||240-400 Damage (Entire party)||N/A||PSI Fire Ω|
- When it transforms into Diamond Dog, its reflective physical shield goes up. If the hit that tipped it over was physical, it will take the full damage and reflect it back. If Jeff's HP is low, consider guarding or using weaker attacks instead of Bottle Rockets.
- The transformation from Carbon Dog to Diamond Dog refers to the process of carbon becoming diamond through exposure to extreme heat and pressure.
- Carbon Dog is the only Sanctuary Guardian with two forms.
- Carbon Dog's overworld sprite shines slightly brighter than those of the other Sanctuary Guardians.
- Unlike Diamond Dog, this form has no PP.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.