- "Maybe it was too easy...? My name's Brickroad, the dungeon developer. I've devoted my life to making dungeons. Well, by combining my skills and Dr. Andonuts intelligence, I can become "Dungeon Man," the first combination of human and dungeon in history. Let's meet again once I have become dungeon man. ...Would you like to get a good night's rest?"
- — Brick Road
Brick Road (Brickroad) is a character in EarthBound. He is a self-proclaimed dungeon master. Near Winters, he creates a cave with various signs about the principles of dungeons and asks if Jeff liked it, then sets off to find Dr. Andonuts to become "Dungeon Man", a giant walking behemoth being a dungeon all on its own.
The party encounters Dungeon Man past the Pyramid in Scaraba, and after navigating a more complex dungeon than the one he created as Brick Road in Winters, they learn that Brick Road has fulfilled his dream and become "The first fusion of Man and Dungeon." because the dungeon is now part of his body.
Dungeon Man accompanies the party for a while as an ally, and in battle, he delivers extremely powerful physical attacks on the enemy. He is eventually stuck between two palm trees and unable to continue farther, but the party uses a submarine stored within him to reach the Deep Darkness.
- The EarthBound Beginnings equivalent of Dungeon Man is EVE. They are both relatively powerful party members, having a very high attack and defense stat, valued by both Ness and Ninten's party. They also have special parts in their corresponding games. When EVE ends her part as a playable party member, she releases one of the Eight Melodies, similar to Dungeon Man giving away the Yellow Submarine after getting stuck by two palm trees.
- Dungeon Man, along with a number of EarthBound memorabilia, makes a cameo appearance in the Hall of Memories in the Empire Porky Building in Mother 3. However, he can only be sailed past, not explored.
- Ironically, Dungeon Man's presence in the Empire Porky Building falsifies his statement in EarthBound that Scaraba would be his final resting place. Although it's possible that it's a replica of the Dungeon Man instead.
- The Yellow Submarine that the Dungeon Man gives Ness and his friends is most likely a reference to the Beatles’ Yellow Submarine; which is a famous song, album and movie.
- Dungeon Man is the first chimera that Dr. Andonuts ever makes, as he is a combination of man and dungeon.
- His face somewhat ressembles Wispy Woods from the Kirby series.
- While walking around with Dungeon Man in the player's party, a song plays called "The Megaton Walk". This song uses a drumbeat directly sampled from Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles.
- In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Dungeon Man appears in the Magicant stage.
- In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, if someone zooms in with the camera and looks inside Dungeon Man, they can see Brick Road's face.